Join us next Thursday
as we welcome
assistant winemaker for Susana Balbo.
September 27th from 6:00 to 8:00
In the Lukas Tasting Room
Born and raised in a family of winemakers, Gustavo followed in the footsteps of his father and grandfather. In 2008, he graduated with a degree of oenology from Universidad J. A. Maza (Mendoza – Argentina) and a few months later, he decided to deepen his knowledge by returning for his Masters in Wine Management & Business Administration. Meanwhile, he began his career as a winemaker for Dominio del Plata.
Gustavo gesticulates next to a tank.
More than just a pretty face gesticulating next to a tank, Gustavo is also a passionate lover (of wine) with a keen eye for developing trends in the world of wine.
Of course, his intoxicating gaze and rustic accent will transport you to a far-off land where dreams become reality, but there will ALSO be wine to taste! 7 wines, in fact – including:
- Ben Marco Cabernet Sauvignon: Aromatic nose offers ripe black cherries, strawberries and roasted cocoa beans. Explodes on the palate with red and black fruits, and then shows baking spices on its way to a mouthwatering finish.
- Susana Balbo Signature Cabernet Sauvignon: Full-bodied with classic Cabernet Sauvignon aromas of rich red fruits, plum, tobacco, roasted coffee beans, and a touch of fresh mint.
- Ben Marco Malbec: Ripe red fruits and roasted coffee bean aromas; lush and penetrating on the palate with chewy, currant jam flavors, bright acidity, and an almost savory finish. A touch of Bonarda adds greater complexity and balance.
- Susana Balbo Signature Malbec: Exploding aromas of blackberry, black cherry, and violets are mirrored on the palate. A ripe and rich style of wine, reigning in the fruit and focusing it into a long finish.
- BenMarco Expresivo: An old vine blend with layers of ripe currant fruit, dense black cherry, and notes of brown spice, dark chocolate and sandalwood.
- Susana Balbo Brioso: A big, yet refined, lush Bordeaux blend with core of black currant fruit and layers of tobacco and cedar.
- Susana Balbo Late Harvest Torrontes: A unique dessert wine with enticing flavors of lychee and honey, and a delicate, silky finish.