UPDATE: SOLD OUT
I could start with a typical “it’s that time of year again” speech, but we all know what this time of year brings. So let’s talk about the goodness that is Goose Island Bourbon County Stout and its variants.
I believe this may be the most anticipated yearly release of any beer we stock, so the demand easily outweighs the supply. That said, this year is going to be a bit different than how we have handled it before. Are you ready?
For this 2014 release, we will not be having a dawn release. Instead, we will be having a “Goose Island BCS Event” on Friday, November 28th from 4:00-5:00 p.m. Entry will require a ticket that will be only $10! At 5:00, the general public will be allowed to purchase any remaining BCS bottles. So what does this $10 entry ticket gets you:
- One 10oz pour of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout on draft!
- Keep the glass.
- Each person present will be able to purchase one 4 pack of regular BCS*, one bottle of the Barleywine and one bottle of the Coffee BCS.
- Tasting of other awesome Goose Island Brews.
*based on the allocation we were told we are receiving, these are the allotments we have determined to be fair to every ticket holder plus any general public sales.
At 5:00, the public will be allowed to participate in the Goose Island Tasting, except any remaining BCS on draft will be sold as a 5oz pour for $5 or until the keg runs out.
Now for the conditions of this release:
- Tickets for this event will go on sale Saturday, November 8th when we open at 9:00 a.m. We cannot accept any over the phone or electronic reservations. You have to be present to register.
- We will only have 45 tickets available. No exceptions! We will post on our website when all tickets are sold out.
- Each PERSON present will have the ability to purchase the above stated allotment of Goose Island BCS and its variants. If you buy two tickets, and your second does not show up for the event, you WILL NOT be allowed to purchase that ticket’s allotment OR have that ticket’s BCS draft pour.
- If you have purchased a ticket, you are not required to show up at 4:00 to participate in the VIP tasting event. You can arrive anytime between 4-5:00 p.m. If you purchased a ticket but cannot arrive until after 5:00, please let us know ahead of time so we can set your bottle allotment aside. No refunds will be given for any no call, so noshows without prior notice.
- Please do not show up earlier than 4:00 p.m. on 11/28 to purchase bottles. This includes showing up before we open to start a line. WE WILL NOT SELL ANY BCS BOTTLES OR DRAFT before 4:00 when the tasting begins.
- If you are not able to purchase tickets, there will be general admission opportunity to purchase any remaining BCS bottles and possible variants. Customers can start lining up at 4:30 for a 5:00 entry into our Tasting Room. At that time, you will be able to taste the open Goose Island brews and any remaining BCS draft will be available for purchase.
- If you purchase a ticket, and something comes up that forces you to miss this event, we will hold your BCS bottle allotment through the weekend. We cannot guarantee there will be any draft BCS left beyond this event. You will have until 6:00 p.m. on Sunday night, November 30th to pick up your bottles. At 9:00 a.m. Monday morning when we open your bottles will be put out for sale.
This is going to be a spectacular event, so we hope to see you there. Call or email us with any questions/comments/concerns.