The weather is finally here. Blue sky’s and warm evening’s are just begging for the right wine to unwind from the day. This Saturday, May 18th from 1-4 is our Spring Wine Event & Rose Tasting. We will have almost 80 wines to sample that are perfect for this time of year, with almost half of them rose! This event will be the perfect chance to try all the wines you’ll be enjoying all summer! Tickets are only $10 plus fees in advance, $15 at the door and can be purchased below. Hope to see you there!
We still have a few seats left for tomorrow’s class featuring the wines of Mauro Manzone. Jason Ledbetter from Tavolo Vigneto will lead a tasting of Manzone wines. His family’s estate focuses solely on single vineyard expressions of nebbiolo from some of the finest vineyards in Piedmont. Using only sustainable vineyard practices, the estate prides itself on crafting highly distinct, virtually handmade, miniscule production wines that are true reflections of the distinct terroir of Barolo. Do not miss this opportunity to sample these wines with the winemaker for an evening everyone will remember.
The King of Wines & Wine of Kings!
Meet Mauro Manzone, a sixth generation wine maker from Barolo. Jason Ledbetter from Tavolo Vigneto will lead a tasting of Manzone wines. His family’s estate focuses solely on single vineyard expressions of nebbiolo from some of the finest vineyards in Piedmont. Using only sustainable vineyard practices, the estate prides itself on crafting highly distinct, virtually handmade, miniscule production wines that are true reflections of the distinct terroir of Barolo. Do not miss this opportunity to sample these wines with the winemaker for an evening everyone will remember.
The class starts at 6:00, should run no later than 8:00 p.m. Seating is limited.
Click here for tickets!
Here is our Tasting Schedule for Friday, 5/3, and Saturday, 5/4:
-Join us tonight for the Marquette Class of 2022 social tonight in the Lukas Bar from 5-8 p.m. Tickets are still available online here until 4:00, but they will be available at the door until 7:00. This social will feature five wines and four beers to taste all for $20, half of which goes directly to benefiting the end of year lock in.
-Come out to the Lukas Bar for some great specials in anticipation of the Kentucky Derby and Cinco de Mayo. We can’t say what just yet, but as most of you know, we really enjoy our Whiskey.
We’ve been selling the pods since late 2018, but as of this Saturday, we will be fully kicking off the Drinkworks machines and accessories!
Arguably one of the hottest items to come out last year, the Drinkworks drink maker is a counter top device that automatically dispenses cocktails once a pod is inserted. Developed by a joint venture between Keurig and Anheuser-Busch, this machine took St. Louis by storm last Winter and immediately sold out. Now, it’s back and better than ever.
We will be debuting the machine and all its cocktail glory this Saturday at out 19th birthday celebration. Drinkworks team members will be here demonstrating how to operate the machine as well as sampling out different cocktails. Machines, accessories and pods will be available to purchase during the demonstration, but you must purchase a ticket to sample the cocktails. The ticket will also give you access to every other tasting table featured this day.
We will see you on 4/27!
Here is our Tasting Schedule for Friday, 4/26 and Saturday, 4/27:
No tastings scheduled at this time. Go out to dinner, see Avengers: Endgame, come here to buy a bottle of wine and finish off the evening at home.
Come celebrate our 19th birthday with us from 12-4 p.m! This is our biggest tasting of the year, and one customers plan for one year in advance. Come sample dozens of wines, spirits and beers for only $10 plus fees when you buy beforehand. The day of the birthday, tickets are $15 if you buy in-store. Three food trucks and Jimmy John’s will be on hand serving delicious food, so make sure to bring some cash. Two caricaturists, giveaways and a full demonstration of the Drinkworks machine await you during this event. Only ticket holders will be able to taste during the event. Click here for tickets.
We are officially under ONE WEEK AWAY until the 19th Birthday party here at Lukas. We are so excited for this year’s festivities, and we know you are too. Here is an update of what to expect for this Saturday, 4/27:
- Tickets are still available here on Eventbrite for $10 plus fees. The day of the Birthday, tickets will be $15 in store. We will not be selling tickets in store until this Saturday. Every customer will still get a Riedel glass to keep.
- Remember to come hungry. Truck Norris, Thai Bistro, Blues Wood Fired Pizza and Jimmy John’s will be on hand serving their delicious grub. We recommend eating early and bringing cash just in case a card reader is down or a vendor runs out early.
- Parking is limited, so for customers who live close, please consider carpooling or walking. Uber and Lyft are options as well.
- There will be tastings all over the store, so bring water and wear comfy shoes. Just in the Wine Department, there will be over 100 wines to try.
- The Lukas Bar will primarily feature the Drinkworks machine and pods demonstration with samples. We WILL NOT be selling any full drinks during the Birthday.
- During the Birthday, on top of the various item giveaways we will have, we will also be doing a enter to win contest for a Goose Island Bike. The signups for the bike will take place during the Birthday and we will draw a winner that Monday.
- While we encourage everyone to come and have fun, we ask that you drink responsibly and remember that a tasting like this is a marathon, not a sprint. Drink safe, drink smart.