Join us next Thursday
as we welcome
assistant winemaker for Susana Balbo.
September 27th from 6:00 to 8:00
In the Lukas Tasting Room
Born and raised in a family of winemakers, Gustavo followed in the footsteps of his father and grandfather. In 2008, he graduated with a degree of oenology from Universidad J. A. Maza (Mendoza – Argentina) and a few months later, he decided to deepen his knowledge by returning for his Masters in Wine Management & Business Administration. Meanwhile, he began his career as a winemaker for Dominio del Plata.
Gustavo gesticulates next to a tank.
More than just a pretty face gesticulating next to a tank, Gustavo is also a passionate lover (of wine) with a keen eye for developing trends in the world of wine.
Of course, his intoxicating gaze and rustic accent will transport you to a far-off land where dreams become reality, but there will ALSO be wine to taste! 7 wines, in fact – including:
- Ben Marco Cabernet Sauvignon: Aromatic nose offers ripe black cherries, strawberries and roasted cocoa beans. Explodes on the palate with red and black fruits, and then shows baking spices on its way to a mouthwatering finish.
- Susana Balbo Signature Cabernet Sauvignon: Full-bodied with classic Cabernet Sauvignon aromas of rich red fruits, plum, tobacco, roasted coffee beans, and a touch of fresh mint.
- Ben Marco Malbec: Ripe red fruits and roasted coffee bean aromas; lush and penetrating on the palate with chewy, currant jam flavors, bright acidity, and an almost savory finish. A touch of Bonarda adds greater complexity and balance.
- Susana Balbo Signature Malbec: Exploding aromas of blackberry, black cherry, and violets are mirrored on the palate. A ripe and rich style of wine, reigning in the fruit and focusing it into a long finish.
- BenMarco Expresivo: An old vine blend with layers of ripe currant fruit, dense black cherry, and notes of brown spice, dark chocolate and sandalwood.
- Susana Balbo Brioso: A big, yet refined, lush Bordeaux blend with core of black currant fruit and layers of tobacco and cedar.
- Susana Balbo Late Harvest Torrontes: A unique dessert wine with enticing flavors of lychee and honey, and a delicate, silky finish.
There is no charge to attend
– please join us in the tasting room –
beginning at 6:00pm!
Here is our Tasting Schedule for Friday 8/17 and Saturday 8/18:
Boulevard Brewing Company 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat kick-off party 4-7 p.m.
- pouring 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat and other fine Boulevard Beers
- Hautly Cheese will be on hand to sample and pair their delicious cheeses with the beers being sampled
- door prizes and rolling cooler raffle will be held during the tasting
- complimentary to the public
Tres Leches Liqueur 5-8 p.m.
Four Roses Bourbon 5-7 p.m.
SATURDAY 8/18 (all tastings run from 1-4 p.m.)
-Bill Hahn- Artesian Springs Winery
-Matt “Rebel” Jones- Bakkheia Wines selection
-Midnight Moon Moonshine Whiskey
-O’Fallon Brewing beer selection
And in the Tasting Room………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Jon L.- Assistant Manager/Lukas Liquor Superstore
-I’ll be honest. I believe I know what I will be pouring, but it might have to be adjusted at the last minute. I promise the selection will be fun. (no hot pepper beers this time around)
The Glenmorangie SMSW tasting starts in 20 mins with Brand Ambassador, Gregor Mina. From 5-7 PM we will be tasting out most of the Glenmorangie portfolio with some additional special prices for the duration of the event. This event is complimentary and you must be 21 years-old to attend.
-Adam M England
Lukas Spirits Manager
Lorne Cousin, Balvenie Brand Ambassador, plays his bagpipes for Lukas class patrons that are enjoying one of the best single malt scotch whisky events this year! Everyone had an absolute blast learning about the rare craft method/thinking and behind-the-scenes access to what makes Balvenie so unique and popular to SMSW lover’s around the globe. Mega cheers to Lorne Cousin, Tim Burkhardt & William Grant & Son’s for making this class happen. Cheers, -Adam M. England, Lukas Spirits Manager
The Balvenie Craft Roadshow Master Class tonight is officially SOLD OUT. I now have the terrible job of making sure these samples are good. Cheers, -Adam M England, Lukas Spirits Manager.
Its that time of year again……Wedding and Graduation season!
How many of us have already been asked to attend a wedding? Or even participate in one? How many of us are helping to PLAN a wedding? Usually liquor, wine and beer are the last thoughts when it comes to wedding planning. Lukas Liquor has you covered. We have multiple staff members that can help you figure out how much you will need to properly host and supply a wedding reception.
The Spring season also brings us the joyful event that is Graduation! When you finally get that degree, (and of are legal drinking age) this momentous occasion is a reason to celebrate. Our staff can help you figure out all you might need to help you “cut loose” after years of hard work:
We have dozens of kegs on hand and dozens more we can order with enough time.
We have frozen drink machines on hand that can whip up hard and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.
We have our “2 for” section in wine that demonstrates excellent wines for the price that won’t blow your budget.
As always, give us a call at 636-227-4543 if you have any questions. Also make sure to follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/lukasstl) and Twitter (@lukasstl) for everything new and exciting happening at Lukas Liquor.